Transparent Sun Visor Cap (?)
Honestly, I have now idea what this thing is called…
Anyone knows the official name of this hat/facial sunglasses?
I just remember that the “CPL” that I use in yesterday’s post is, in fact, a Linear Polarizer (PL).
I guess this is what happen when you buy an item without proper research — I didn’t know that the difference would make such a problem.
It turns out that Linear Polarizer can cause some confusion to SLR focusing and metering system (or other camera with beam splitter). Thus, it is advisable to use CPL if you are shooting SLR.
The good news:
1) I bought that filter in second hand shop, so it was pretty cheap (no wonder :D…). It was still a bargain.
2) It works fine most of the time, although it comes with several miss. Maybe this can explain the blown photo in yesterday and today’s post.
Morale of the story:
1) Research before you buy
2) Check your exposure after taking the photo.
1) Learn how to use it effectively
2) If #1 is hard, save some money and look for another used CPL. This time make sure it’s a CPL.
*Yoyogi-koen, Tokyo, Japan